I Returned From a Trip, My Child Asked, 'Daddy, Will My Other Dad Have Lunch? He's in the Basement'

I had been away on a business trip for several days when I decided to return home earlier than expected. I was excited to surprise my wife, Heidi, and our four-year-old daughter, Gabby.

The moment I walked through the front door, Gabby ran toward me and wrapped her arms around my legs. Everything seemed normal, but I noticed something strange about my wife. She appeared nervous, and her eyes repeatedly wandered toward the basement door.

I initially ignored it.

Later, while we were having lunch, Gabby suddenly looked at me and asked an innocent question that immediately changed the atmosphere.

"Daddy, will my other dad have lunch with us?"

I froze.

"Your other dad?" I asked.

"Yes. He's in the basement," she replied casually.

I looked at Heidi. Her face had suddenly gone pale.

"She's just making things up," Heidi said quickly.

But I knew my daughter. She might have had a vivid imagination, but she had never spoken about having another father. READ FULL STORY.

Post a Comment

0 Comments