For seven years, I believed my husband and I had built the family we always dreamed of. We had struggled with infertility before adopting our daughter, Lily, and I thought nothing could threaten the life we had created together.
Then one afternoon, my daughter found an old photograph that made me question everything.
I was folding laundry when Lily walked into the room carrying a dusty box.
"Mommy, is this you?" she asked.
I looked at the photograph she was holding and immediately felt my stomach turn.
The man in the picture was my husband, Evan. He looked younger, but there was no mistaking him. His arm was wrapped around a heavily pregnant woman, and he appeared to be kissing her.
"Where did you find this?" I asked. "In the attic. There are more things in there." My hands were shaking as I confronted Evan. "Who is she?" GET FULL STORY.
0 Comments