Money Vanished From My Daughter’s College Fund—Then a Waitress Whispered, “Your Husband Knows Where It Went”

I never thought a single bank notification could completely change the way I looked at my marriage. For years, my husband, Owen, and I had worked hard to build a college fund for our daughter, Joyce. 

We started saving almost immediately after she was born, putting aside birthday gifts from relatives, tax refunds and whatever extra money we could manage from our salaries. 

By the time Joyce turned 16, the account had grown into something we were proud of. She was a bright student who dreamed of attending university, and whenever she talked about her future, I felt comforted knowing that we had done our best to give her a strong start in life.

One Tuesday morning, while sitting in the kitchen with my laptop and a cup of coffee, I happened to check the account. I immediately noticed something strange. A large amount of money had disappeared. 

I refreshed the page several times, convinced that I was looking at the wrong account, but the balance remained unchanged. Someone had withdrawn a substantial amount from Joyce's college savings, and I knew neither Joyce nor I had authorized the transaction. 

My first thought was that it had to be some kind of banking error, but when I checked the transaction history, my stomach tightened. The money had been transferred somewhere else. READ FULL STORY.

Post a Comment

0 Comments